Sage Theatre’s IGNITE! Festival of Emerging Artists – JUNE 6-10, 2017
The IGNITE! Festival is accepting project proposals and scripts as part of the Theatre series, as well as looking for individual emerging theatre artists to work on productions.
Who can apply?
The IGNITE! Festival Theatre Series is geared towards emerging theatre artists – non-union artists under the age of 30 who are pursuing a professional career in theatre.
Projects / Scripts
Plays and projects at IGNITE receive
- Performance Slot on the main stage with 2-3 public performances
- Individual artists (e.g. director / actors / designer / stage manager) as required by the show
- Shared audition with other shows
- Rehearsal space
- An IGNITE! Festival Artist Pass
- A small design budget
- A small honorarium
- Professional Mentorship
To apply please submit a theatre project proposal and/or script that includes:
- The developmental history of the proposed project or script.
- An assessment of its current state.
- A proposed direction for its development including creation/writing process.
- Your goals or vision for the project at the festival.
- Any potential resources you already have (e.g. team personnel, partners, space).
If you are not providing a script please be thorough and clear with the above requirements
Script submissions should be numbered and include a title page with contact information. Please submit files as .pdf, Word document or Real Text File.
Scripts, projects and submissions can be previously publicly produced, though we ask that as part of the application you be clear on how the project will be served by being produced at IGNITE! Festival of Emerging Artists.
Individuals interested in working on a play as an actor, designer, director, stage manager, technician or another role should email and attach the following information
- Resume (max 2 pages)
- A short bio/introduction about yourself and your interest in IGNITE! (max 1 page)
Deadline: February 12
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com with attached relevant material.
Subject line should be either
- Theatre Series Application
- Individual Theatre Artist Application
PLEASE NOTE – While February 12 is our application deadline, we view the submission process as a conversation. The earlier you submit, the better
conversation we can have!
General questions regarding the Theatre Series should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Ignite! Festival of Emerging Artists
IGNITE! is a festival dedicated to supporting, mentoring and presenting emerging artists of all disciplines. IGNITE! allows artists to embrace risks in a supportive environment while providing resources, a bridge to the professional arts community, and meaningful opportunities for collaboration and community building with their peers.
The IGNITE! Festival has a number of other series including Interdisciplinary, Club, and Site-specific. Please visit sagetheatre.com for full details. Artists are welcome to apply for more than one festival series.