JOB POSTING: IGNITE! Festival Technical Director
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Contract Dates: March 15 – June 18, 2016
Hours: Varying throughout contract. Full time during the festival (June 4-10) and estimated average of 8-10 hours per week throughout the remainder of the contract.
Reporting to: Festival Director
Supervising: Overseeing assistant technical director & volunteer venue staff
Position Description: The Technical Director oversees and coordinates the successful technical operations of the IGNITE! Festival of Emerging Artists.
- Oversee the technical operations and staff of two performance venues (Victor Mitchell and Joyce Doolittle Theatre at Pumphouse Theatre)
- Communicate between IGNITE! productions/artist series and the two venues.
- Attend weekly production meetings End of April / May 2017.
- Previous experience with live performance.
- Ability to self-motivate and work unsupervised.
- Experience in motivating and supervising staff.
- Experience with theatre lighting consoles and sound equipment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.
- People skills: persuasiveness, patience, tact and the ability to deal with ‘artistic temperaments.’
- Ability to cope with long hours during the festival and an ever changing schedule.
- Technical Theatre background and education an asset About IGNITE! Festival of Emerging Artists.
Email a CV and Expression of interest to Charles@sagetheatre.com no late than 6pm Sunday March 05, 2017. Please use Technical Director as the email subject line. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.